View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:03 AM   #2774
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This is a little unfair to Biden b/c the CDC is not supposed to be political, so it isn't really in his control.

But, man, I think that they really fucked up the Delta messaging. A couple weeks ago, the public tide had started to turn against the unvaccinated and the politicians who coddled them. You were even starting to see some GOP pols taking the "How dare you take seriously everything I have been saying about vaccines for the last year; of course vaccines are awesome" approach.

Then the CDC jumped in with the most confusing masking advice yet. (Seriously, I follow this stuff closely, and I have no idea if I am supposed to be wearing a mask right now according to the CDC). Which has then let the issue of vaccination (where the Dems have the high ground) fall into the background so that everyone can argue about masks again and point to a confusing message from D.C.

As a citizen, I am glad that the CDC is focused on science again and not the preservation of one political party over another. As a Democrat, I am kind of jealous of how much better the GOP is at the political stuff.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote