Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #147
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Yeah it seems to be the route all sports games are taking. Guess I can't blame them as people throw money at it. But every sports game that has taken the microtransaction route has abandoned the core sports sim side.

It is too bad because the game was really starting to hit a sweet spot after the huge stepbacks when they made the shift off 6.51.

With the Perfect Team addition, the game became about spending MY cash to make my team better rather than spending my team's budget.

We've seen it a million times before. They say it won't take away from their focus, but as long as the whales are spending money, that's where their attention will go. It's been proven over and over again. When's the last major dynasty mode addition that FIFA, NHL or MLB The Show have done?

I've bought every version of OOTP on day 1, but this year I will need to see what improvements are being made to the core game before I commit to spending my money. I'm definitely not hearing about it on the OOTP podcast, that's for sure. Right now it's all about how you can spend your real money for a chance to get a diamond 93 Ichiro Suzuki.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote