View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #203
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jake Browning didn't look great, made a bunch of decisions a senior QB shouldn't make. That being said the O-Line did a terrible job of picking up the blitz.
I think you're being a little too harsh on Jake. I counted only two really bad decisions he made, and he was bailed-out of one of them by a targeting call. Granted, the other one was really bad and symptomatic of a recurring bad habit he has of trying to pull a Russell Wilson out there, but other than that I thought he made some nice throws. Keep in mind that a lot of what really sells the coaches on Jake is stuff that's hard for us to see, namely his freedom to check plays at the LOS to take advantage of what he sees from the D.

The OL is a concern. Adams is done for the year, Harris keeps getting hurt and the coaches shuttled in backups at LG and LT during the game to see if they could do better than the starters. That said, most of their issues are blown assignments which you'd figure is more likely to be fixable than them simply not being physically capable of a high level of play. And much as we've seen over the past few years, the running game is starting to click as we get a few games into the season.

The D is playing well, but one concern there is the inability of the front four guys to get significant pass rush and the need to send corner and safety blitzes to rush the passer.

Looking forward to the BYU game - should be another physical slobber-knocker.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote