View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #230
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I value your opinion on college football.
So I am curious why you say that?
From my perspective to win at Arky you have to

1) Recruit Texas well. The state doesnt produce enough talent on its own to field an SEC competitor based largely on in states.
2) Be offensive minded first. You arent going to beat Bama and LSU at their own game. They are too close and too strong of brands. Thats one reason I thought BB was destined to fail. He wante pro style players and he had to beat Bama and LSU consistently for recruits or beat them with their castoffs and 2nd choices. Neither seems a likely win scenario. Petrino had success as an offensive first and sold something different
3) Appease the big money boosters.

From my perspective Morris seems like an ideal fit to do all 3.

I like Chad Morris as a coach. I'm just not sure he's going to succeed at Arkansas. He took over a roster not built for what he wants to do and it's more or less impossible right now to have better than the 4th most talented roster in the division based on raw talent.

I do think he can recruit Texas, but recruiting Texas well if you're not a Texas school or Oklahoma isn't very easy. He's going to get a couple of cycles to sell hope and then if he isn't winning by year 3 they're going he'll be tuned out.

As I said, I do like Morris as a coach, but if I had to put money on Morris winning a SEC title or being fired in 5 years my money is on being fired.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote