View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Rot Away (BB:Legendary Edition)

A lot of people sit and ask "Talon, what prompted you to coach a Blood Bowl team for the god Nurgle"

I always respond with "Divine Revelation!"

You see, it's not that easy though. I wasn't always this Blood Bowl tactical genius you see before you, I was a lemming a small mindless drone in a very large legion that just happened to run into a crazed riot incited by a very angry group of Chaos Adepts and their Acolytes.

After pretty much decimating the entire legion, several of us (including myself" made a mad dash into the cursed marches. Not realizing where we were, most of us were being picked off one by one within the marshes, I don't know what it is, but I stumbled into or should I say onto an altar dedicated for his most holy and unclean.

I collapsed in a heap, exhausted with an arrow in the left shoulder, a right leg that was bleeding profusely from my last battle with a swamp rat I was done in. I began to pray, a suckers prayer, you know the kind, let me live, heal me, blah blah blah and I will do anything for you. I then passed out.

Next thing I knew I was in a yellow sickly world, fully healed and staring at the face of something so ugly, something so rotting. The stench made me lose the contents of my stomach, which wasn't much. But the voice, I don't know if it was delusion or what. It was sing song and deep, I could hear it as clear as a bell inside my head.

"Talon Lebouf" it said "You have prayed and I am here to answer that prayer. You want to live is that correct?"

I just sat there and bobbed my head up and down signaling yes.

"I will accept your prayer, I will do what you ask of me, I in return ask one thing from you."

"Anything!" I yelled out, not realizing who I was speaking with and wanting to live. The concept of death scared me, still does, but that will be a time being or until I upset his stenchness.

"I have a need, my worshippers, my people, they have fallen in love with Blood Bowl and have demanded more teams of my acolytes, I have no one willing to coach. That is where you come in. You will coach, you will win, or I will collect your soul and you will join them out on the pitch."

How do you like that, pure and simple isn't in. Win, live and not be infected or lose, get infected, play the game until you die.

(Playing Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, I randomly rolled for the team, I will be running a campaign with Blitz rules, and it will be played at least 1 game a day when I am home)

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote