View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The Clean Cup

The Clean Cup is one that we truly want to befoul! There are 4 teams involved in this cup. The Underworld Judges, a Khemri team. A team of our brothers in the Aukurg Eruptors. The Skaven have gotten into this one with Skrits Razorclaws.

Match #1 vs Skrits Razorclaws

As I walk onto the field one of my assistants sprints up to me holding a small chest. Inside of the chest is a not and a small checklist. The note reads:

"Your most loyal and humble followers of Nurgle have managed to put together some extra funds to help you succeed in victory over Skrits. The checklist is what you can apply the funds to, return this to us immediately and we will make sure it is done"

I check off an Igor right off the bat, ask for some extra training time, and a couple of Potions of Strength, 1 for To-Ash and for War-Ash. The potions do not affect the guys, must be the power of Nurgle cleansing them.

We win the toss and elect to kick off and set up in a quasi wall formation. Force them to bash their way through us.

The kickoff goes into the endzone and the rats move. Blitzing and knocking out Janus right off the bat. One of the rats attempts to block Yaceteg and is knocked flat on his back for his troubles.

Yaceteg throws a block on one of their Stormvermin knocking him out. Orgus blocks the other Stormvermin and knocks him on his back. Shyish blocks a lineman pushing him back. Davion attempts to blitz a Gutter Runner and is knocked senseless, laying on the ground, it looks like he might be counting tentacles right now.

The rats run up, throw the ball to the gutter runner that Davion tried to knock senseless. We missed the interception and the runner catches it and runs in for the score, we are now down. 1-0!

The kick happens and Davion runs and picks up the ball dropping back. Yaceteg throws a block, breaking the nose and sending the bones in the brain killing the rat, however their apothocary works his magic and he heals up as he is being taken off the pitch. A few blocks are made and we are setting up for a cage to move down the left side of the pitch.

Davion runs away from the gutter runners down the left sideline, he attempts to throw the ball into the center of the cage and the sloth ends up dropping it as he goes to pass it, the ball bounces out of bounds and the fans throw the ball back on the field, smack dab in the middle on our side, right next to the gutter runners. They scoop the ball up and make it back into the end zone. We are now down 2-0. Things are not looking good.

So I order War-Ash in the back this time and he scoops the ball up and runs to set up the center of the cage, the cage is setup on the left side of the pitch.

We shift the cage a bit forward and to the center but I also yell for Joe to get downfield, might as well take a chance on the pass if we have the ability.

They try and stop us and end up knocking one of themselves out in the process. Frantz drop a guy, badly injuring him. The cage is slowly moving down the field, we are running out of time to score. With Joe on the break, they drop back to block his path to the end zone and set up a wall so we can't move forward. Joe attempts to dodge and is knocked down is his chance leaving War-Ash open, they blitz War-ash and he drops his head and the horns knock the guy out! We make a move and Davion attempts a block getting knocked down and the half ends!

We are down 2-0!

We receive the kickoff to start the second half but Janus is still out cold. One of the fans threw a rock badly injuring one of the rats. I order the cage to set up on the right side of the field this time with Shyish being the center. War-ash scoops the ball up, runs up and throws it hitting an open Shyish right in the center of the cage.

To-Ash is sent down the sideline towards the end zone. We set up the wall and War-ash makes a break down the sideline and attempts to pass to To-ash and fumbles the pass.

The rats end up coming down and pushing War and To out of the way and picking up the ball. We had this one, sigh. To-ash blitzes the ball carrier and blasts him knocking him down and the ball in the air, the ball fell right into another Gutter Runners hands. They clean the guys out of the way and move down the right side. To-ash gets revenge and ends up killing a Gutter Runner with an impressive hit. Balesk'gor blitzes the gutter runner with the ball and takes knocks him senseless. the ball bounces into the stands then is thrown back onto the pitch a few spots away from Balesk. Balesk moves towards the ball and is on his way close to it.

Davion scoops up the ball and takes it to the left throwing it to Balesk who takes off down the left sideline. Balesk takes it down to hand off to To-ash and he fumbles the hand off. They attempt to dodge and Davion knocks out the lineman. Balesk scoops the ball back up and scores, bringing the game to a 2-1 loss just as time expires.

We lose 2-1!

Our team stats at the end of the game is.

2 Passes, 2 Catches, 1 TD, 3 Tackles, 1 KO, 3 Casulties, 1 Death. 78 yards running, 16 yards passing, 1 tackle sustained and 1 KO sustained.

We end up earnin 60,000 in Gold for the game and had 61% Ball Possession, the main thing is, 63% of that was in our half.

We end up getting the dead rat as a new rotter. Balesk ends up with some additional training and can now Block.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 08-20-2014 at 01:44 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote