View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #208
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
** People who want abortion on demand with no restrictions

What kind of restrictions? meaning a certain trimester/weeks along or other things?

Quote:
** People who don't just want healthcare, but want the government to run the system. Anything this side of Medicare 4 all is not radical left
** People who don't just want clean energy, but want us to drive the oil business out essentially immediately and won't consider nuclear as a transitional option.
** People who think racism is a severe enough problem in modern America that it justifies tearing down the justice & law enforcement system, not merely reforming/adjusting them
** People who believe the 70% top marginal tax rate in the 1970s was not excessive, and that we generally should use Denmark etc. as our model for economic policy.

I don't much care if I'm defined as radical. It's another label I don't really care about, though I do think Edward uses it in a condescending way. I'm further left than many of my friends, but also know there is a not insignificant contingent significantly further left than me.

But overall - I think if our definition of radical would be moderate in most of western Europe, then we have a big problem.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote