View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
Binary_Digit
n00b

Thanks for the interest!

The hard stuff in the draft area is done & working. I learned a few things while I was in there:

- There are no fields in the CSV for the following skills, even though the game shows blue bars for them on the player's info screen.

Sense Rush
Read Defense
Two-Minute Offense
Kick Holding
Speed to Outside
Blitz Pickup
Blocking Strength
Adjust to Ball
Bump-and-Run
Pass Rush Strength
Punishing Hitter
Play Diagnosis

I think it calculates some or all of them based on the other attributes we can control. Several blue bars dipped dramatically when I changed a rare superstar QB's intelligence from max to min and nothing else. Also got an obvious "matched pair" with what I believe were Medium and Long Passes when I did that.

- But there is an "Avoid Fumbles" skill which doesn't appear anywhere in the game that I'm aware of. And it's not available in the roster CSV, only in a draft class. I haven't experimented with it yet so I don't know what effect it has if any.

- Defensive linemen were given Man-to-Man, Zone, Bump-and-Run, and Special Teams skills in FOF 8. They say it's a passing league now, so I guess these guys needed to evolve.

- There is no single Overall rating for draft class players, only individual skill levels. I guess the game decides his Overall based on his skills when he's drafted.

- The DraftFile.exe converter tool that was released with FOF 8 is the exact same as the FOF 7's tool. This means it doesn't support the new "Colo. St. - Pueblo" college (ID 732) that was added in FOF 8; it throws an error saying the range must be 1 - 731. So this utility removes the last college in the list if it's in FOF 8 mode, with an option to disable that behavior should Solecismic release an updated version at some point.

Anyway, like I said all the hard stuff is done. I have some more testing, double-checking, and polish to do, and I want to put together some sort of help file, but it looks like it should be ready for "the wild" in another week or so.
Binary_Digit is offline   Reply With Quote