View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #21
sabotai
General Manager

My signing of striker Stefan Maierhofer didn't work out like I had hoped. He looked to be a great Target Man, but a funny thing happened as the year went on. He got old. I was told he was a 4 star Target Man. By the end of the year, that dropped to 2.5 stars.

Stoppelkamp came out of nowhere for me. He's now listed as a 4 star player after starting the year at 3 stars. Hopefully he'll be happy now that we made it to the Bundesliga.

I started off the year playing a 4-4-2, but then started using a 4-1-1-2-2 that I developed. Well, it started out as a 4-1-2-1-2, but I didn't have anyone to play the AMC role, so I moved the AMC to MC and the wingers up to attacking wingers and so I have a 4-1-1-2-2. It seemed to work well. The DCs play as Central Defenders (Defend), the defensive wingers play as Fullbacks (Defend). The DMC plays as a Deep-Lying Playmaker (Defend) and the MC plays as a Ball-Winning Midfielder (Support). The two wingers play as Inside Forwards (Attack). One striker is a Poacher (or Target Man - either Attack) and the other plays as a Complete Forward (Support).

I also had Shorter Passing and Much Deeper Defensive Line team instructions on all season.

When it was time to go defensive, I usually didn't change mentality too far down. Usually just put it on Counter, and changed the DMC to play as an Anchor Man and put the Ball-Winning Midfielder on Defend.

I also made a 4-1DM-2-2-1, but never really got a chance to use it. With Lauth and Osako, I never wanted to take either of them off the pitch, so just stuck with my formations with 2 strikers.

In truth, I wanted the DMC to play as a Regista, and while Stark was rated a 4 star as that as well, I just went with the normal Deep-Lying Playmaker because I didn't want my defense to be exposed while he was being too aggressive.. I'll experiment with a DMC Regista next season if I can boost my defense.

Going by average rating, my defensive wingers and my goalkeeper are my weakest areas.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote