View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #40
sabotai
General Manager

One thing I've largely neglected has been management of my coaches and scouts. I've mostly just kept what was given to me, except for adding a few new people.

I fired (mutually terminated) the contract of my Head of Youth Development. He had a 14 in Judging Potential and a 12 in Working with Youngsters. I saw several available coaches that had much better values in those attributes (18-19 range) and am going after them for the role.

And I'll be slowly remaking my coaching staff, letting contracts expire when possible but buying out the crappy coaches that were handed to me if they still have a few years left to go.

Volker Kersting - 45 years old - Head of Youth Development
Judging Potential: 18
Working with Youngsters: 19
(Judging Ability: 18, Man Management: 19, Motivating 16, Determination: 17)
$7.25k per week. until June 2017

10/25/2014: Division (H): Lose 1-3 vs. Dortmund. Our team played badly, but Dortmund is one of the best teams in the Bundesliga. I'm happy we didn't get shutout. Stoppelkamp found the net just after halftime to save us that embarrassment.

Erik Lukin - 35 years old - Coach
Defending: 19
$1k per week.

We didn't have a single coach with higher than a 12 for Defending, so I signed Erik Lukin to help us out in that department. I'm an idiot, though, I didn't realize (read: google before hand) that other attributes would be important for training defending and was a little surprised to see 3 stars when I assigned him Defending training. Tactical also matters and his, well, sucks. Oops...

Marcel Lucassen - 44 years old - Coach
Mental: 20
Technical: 19
$2.3k per week

He'll be our Ball Control coach.

11/1/2014: Division (A): Lose 1-4 vs. Hoffenheim. We get killed in another game. I don't think we were ready for Bundesliga play just yet. The good news, or the silver lining, or whatever, is that we are still ahead of Bochum and Werder Bremen in the standings.

11/8/2014: Division (H): Lose 0-4 vs. Freiburg. And they aren't even one of the top teams. My team is totally collapsing.

I talked to several players individually (the ones who have been stinking up the place) and told them I had faith in them improving, and I said the same in the team meeting. They all seemed to improve their morale so hopefully that does...something.

11/13/2014: Friendly (H): Win 6-0 vs. Eching.

11/21/2014: Division (A): Draw 3-3 vs. Bochum. Down 3-1 at the 70th minute, we fought back to get the draw.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote