View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #486
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
We just booked our resort for summer vacation 2019.

5 nights at Polynesian using our DVC points (our Home Resort, I can book 11 months in advance).

The trip is still so far away, but I'm already excited about it.

So we're doing things a little differently this time. We're inviting my wife's best friend who only recently has experienced traveling for the first time in her life (at least for the first time in a long time). So it'll be me, wife, daughter and friend.

It'll be a balancing act between wanting to show our friend around WDW and wanting to just have a relaxing vacation at the Polynesian resort.

We have a 5 night stay, so that mean 4 full days and 2 travel days bookending the visit (flying to/from L.A. area).

Experience-wise, I've been to AK and HS, my wife can add Epcot to this, and my kid even got to visit MK with some extended family. I'm not sure how much of a Disney person our friend is, but I know for sure she loves Harry Potter.

So we'll plan to spend a day at Universal's Wizarding World. We'll purchase the Park-to-Park pass just so we can ride Hogwarts Express.

Another day at one of the WDW parks. Haven't decided which to do yet. I'm thinking Epcot or MK.

A third day reserved for "Day at the Resort" just so we can at least have that relaxing day poolside or whatnot. On this day, I want to do the Luau (Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show) at Poly.

The fourth day, I'm not sure yet. Maybe another park, or spend some time at Disney Springs, or another rest day. We're all big LEGO fans, so LEGOLAND might be an option, but we're not sure how similar it is to LEGOLAND California.

Any other suggestions?
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote