View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Thanks. My big shock today was discovering that the process now has me contacting the other driver's company directly and mine only gets involved if we run into issues.

Our last auto claim involving another driver has been 2+ decades ago, but our recollection was that back in those days the companies preferred to deal with each other and leave the policy holders out of it more.

's fine by me either way, I was just surprised to be told that was the modern route to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I think it is your insurance company's job to handle every thing for you. That is the way mine has always been.

Not true at all. There is zero reason to go through your own insurance company if the accident is as cut and dry as this. You of course have that option, but why front the deductible if you don't have to? Plus it ends up as an accident on your policy.

If the other party has a reputable company and is easy to work with no reason you can't go through them. Trust me, they aren't out to screw you any more than your own company would be.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote