View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #643
miami_fan
Coordinator

Last night might have been the best night non family related that I have had in 2020. First I had a really good group conversation with friends that I have had over 15 plus years via Zoom. We had deep conversations about all the tough topics of the day and how it affected everyone's lives. Then, the group jumped straight over to watching the basketball game, and talking shit. We even had the normal spouses/significant others popping in to say hi, tell us we were too loud etc. The only thing that missing was us just being in the same room with one another but even that was not that big a deal. Most of us are scattered around the world anyways

I am not sure when we will get a chance to do that again. Everyone's schedules just matched up yesterday. My life is such that I am not starving for just any human interactions in the way some of us are. I am thankful for that. But that particular group of people and the trust that has allowed for the openness that we have with one another despite some real differences of opinion filled a hole that I did not know I needed filled.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote