View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #426
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I thought we decided with the sneaker trials we don't really care about these sort of things. Or is one of these "special" cases?

Memphis isn't important enough to be allowed to cheat. But I love how they just thumbed their nose at the NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I feel sorry for these guys. If they come from a poor family, they are going to struggle to eat when there is no training table.

I wish the Universities would treat athlletics like a work/study job at the minimum.

Uhmmm, sir. You do realize that living stipends are about 4 years old now right? In addition to tuition, meals, housing (which can be games pretty well) and 1,500 year for books they also get a col stipend. It's 4400 per year at Clemson...notbsure elsewhere.

Now don't mistake what I'm saying. I actually support paying players...but the starving kid line is overblown as well.

Btw don't you have a daughter who plans to play college ball? Educate yourself, thoroughly, on the rules. Please. Not being rude, it could impact her. For example your prior comment...an uncke has a pre exusting relationship..they can give anything they want without limit. It's only unrelated that is subject to scrutiny.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 11-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote