View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #549
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Now that you have a kid you should start thinking more about it. God forbid you both die, what happens? What is you break your neck and can't work? I'm assuming you make a halfway decent living, if you die don't you want your wife and child to b able to maintain a certain lifestyle?

Anyone who owns a home or has any decent assets should 100% have an umbrella policy, especially with how cheap they are.

It is shitty to think about, especially since the odds are so slim, but it should at least be considered IMO.

Yeah, we squared a lot of this all away right before our son was born. We did a will, who gets to take care of him if we both die (sorry, sis), and we already had stuff like 401k and life insurance. It was just a matter of checking up and making sure all the i's were dotted and t's crossed.

Don't care about burial. If I'm gone, I'm gone and part of the life insurance should go to paying for that.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-16-2020 at 01:26 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote