View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was torn on which QB to start. We had a veteran RS SR in James Johnson who has a lot of skill and talent and we have a young RS FR in Jimmy Thomas who has the fastest speed I've ever had at QB with a strong arm. I decided to start the veteran...

He fumbled on his first drive.

Thomas came in on the 2nd drive and we never looked back. Thomas was nearly perfect for 3 1/2 quarters. He threw for over 500 yards and 5 TD's. He did throw 1 stupid pick. He also added tremendous speed and had over 100 yards rushing and 6 rushing TD's.

We crushed Stanford.

Other notable performers:

WR T.J. Adams bounced back from last year's devastating injury with 14 catches for 301 yards and 3 TD's as his deep speed is better than ever.

True Freshman HB Paul Fine did more than expected as he is very good at catching out of the backfield. He had 6 catches for 71 yards and also had 3 rushes for 30 yards and a TD.

SR DE Michael Nolan had 9 tackles, 8 for a loss, 7 sacks!

SR CB Eric Allen had 2 picks including a pick 6. He also returned a kickoff for a TD and almost broke a punt for a TD.

In total, our defense forced 10 sacks and 3 interceptions as it played nasty most of the game but also gave up several long plays where we gambled incorrectly.

We also had a good day on the recruiting trail as we got another commit this week.

USC is all set to advance!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-09-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote