View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #141
Radii
Head Coach

March 9th, 2013

Woking (1st) @ Torquay(13th)

We're underdogs today on the road, they're 5:4 to win. Our first ever match vs Torquay was earlier in the season, a 2:2 draw at our place.

Torquay's Chris Zebroski(broski for short I am sure) leads them with 15 goals.

Today's lineup:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Williams/Thomas/Miquel/Pulis
MC: Arter/Herd
AM: Bennett/McLaggon
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

We open in a counter attacking mode on the road today.

10': Williams with a yellow card going for a tackle.

11': Broski does it all himself... runs across the outside of the area and places a great long shot from 22 yards out past Lynch. 0-1

11': Screw counter... just attacking now.

20': Herd is down in our end.. but he gets back up ok, just a little more tired today.

25': Great ball from Arter to Bennett, and once again Bennett just doens't shoot when the opportunity seems best.

30': Harsanyi brought down just outside the area, a yellow card for defender Ellis... Thomas misses a free kick, actually deflected off the wall but we can't do anything on the corner.

38': Some nice passing by Torquay, midfielder Wroe has the ball in the area, Herd misses a tackle, he gets a good look and puts it home past Lynch. 0-2

HALF: Worst we've played in some time. I don't see much I can change though. Play better!

46': Scorer Wroe with a yellow tackling Harsanyi.

50': Subotic is trying ,man... a great pass to McLaggon who has the ball deflected away before he can shoot, back out wide to Subotic, eh puts up a cross and Bennett gets his head onto it with some power, but the keeper is there. Two perfect balls by Subotic.

54': a great near post strike by midfielder O'kane for Torquay, just the kind of thing I want to see Bennett do when he gets free in the area, ergh. 0-3

67': Cousins, coke, Oliver-Pearce in, Bennett, Harsanyi, Pulis out. Just getting my backups in for a game that is really over.

71': Cousins with a beautiful feed from the right sideline into the area for Arter. Arter with our first legit clear cut chance on the day and he puts it into the post.

76': Subotic and Cousins a give n go, Subotic takes the return pass and gets forward, the defense closes down before he can get all the way into the area though, and he puts a shot over the bar from 20 yards out.

86': Oliver-Pearce with a poor pass... they intercept and the counter is on. A nice run into the area, a pass to a free man and a solid strike cap this horrid game for us. 0-4

Torquay 4 : 0 Woking

I bust out the ANGRY pep talk for this one. We'll see what that does.

Pulis 5.9, Thomas 4.9, McLaggon 5.7, Harsanyi 5.4.

I am critical of Thomas in the media, that isn't gonna fly.

Cambridge tie today, so they gain 1 point on us. We are now up 7 points with 9 matches to go.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote