View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #148
Radii
Head Coach

We're nearing the end of the year and had ignored a few key contracts:

--Nick Fenton will take $650/wk. He's getting older but that's less than he makes now.

-- Giuseppe Sole has proved he can score at every level so far, he's got a 7.28 avg rating when I have gotten him in this year. I offer him $775/wk, what he's making now.

-- Zoltan Harsanyi still wants $1600/wk. I give it to him now that we're in April. He's clearly a guy who can at least play at the next level. He has a lot of interest from other teams and I could actually haev a shot at selling him off if i needed to in League 1.

-- Chris Herd seems to worry about not having a job. He's making $1100/wk now and is willing to take $850/wk. this wasn't the case earlier when I looked. that will help offset Harsanyi's raise quite a bit.

-- Stelios Nikolaou wnats $525/wk next year. Sure thing.

-- Mark Ricketts remains the big unknown. I really feel like Anane is just as good, the issue I might have is a little upheavel because he is well liked. But I'm goin to just deal with taht. Ricketts isn't getting a new contract. He's stlil out for ~9 months, I don't think he would be able to start in League 2, I have coverage for him, no loyalty in sports.

-- Maidenhead with a 5-8-27 record and only 23 points, have 'clinched' relegation with 6 full matches to go.

April 1st, 2013

Woking (24-8-8, 1st) @ Barrow (14-9-17, 15th)

My assistant manager recommends that we tightly mark "Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro", a striker with 10 goals/7 assists. I don't really care about the advice, but here's a guy with hyphenated first and last names! Never seen that before.

Barrow are 6:4 favorites today. We're 3-1-1 against them lifetime. We beat them 3:0 at our place.

Jason walker and the above mentioned Akpa-Akpro are strikers worth mentioning. Walker has 19 goals in 36 matches. Akpa-Akpro has 10 goals/7 assists, two very good players.

Curtis Main is back and he's going straight in the lineup. Harsanyi needs a day off.. at least not a start.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Miquel/Williams/Fenton/Nikolaou
MC: Sloma/Arter
AM: Bennett/McLaggon
ST: Subotic/Main

3': Arter with a yellow

5': Welcome back Curits Main!! Bennett out left, he makes a nice pass to Subotic, Subotic turns and plays the ball into the area, Main gets there first and beats the keeper! 1-0

8': Main beats two defenders, gets a shot off before a defender catches back up but its saved nicely.

10': Akpa-Akpro gets behind our defense, seems like he could run all the way into the area and take his time, but he takes it quickly and puts it way over.

22': Striker Walker beats Williams, generates Barrow's first clear cut strike and puts it off the right post and out.

42': Defender Dunleavy with a yellow going up for a header on a long ball.

HALF: After that first 20 minutes, where there were a lot of exciting runs, not much happened at all.

56': Fenton picks up a small injury going fo ra tackle in midfield. He can keep going though.

57': a long cross from the left side near mdifield by Barrow, there's a header... off the right post.

60': near spectacular play... Arter with a ball forward into the right side of the area, McLaggon heads it into the center, Subotic appaers to control the ball with his chest and volley it before it hits the ground... JUSt wide.

69': Herd in for Sloma

73': Midfielder Inman with a hard tackle on arter, yellow.

73': Arter gets up and takes the free kick from ~45 yards out as soon as the ball is placed, it seems the defense wasn't ready and players were mulling around the penalty area. Subotic was ready though, he gets up and heads the ball into the net! 2-0

76': Defender Danville trips Bennett running down the sideline.

80': Coke in for Bennett, Ademola in for McLaggon.

88': Arter to Herd, he plays a ball into the area that Ademola runs on to, good first touch, shot, goal! 3-0

Barrow 0 : 3 Woking

I'm glad we got going on the right track here today, because the next game is a big one.

Subotic has a goal and an assist, 8.0 rating, man of the match.

Goals: Main (7.9), Ademola (7.3).

Assists: Herd (6.9), Arter (7.2).

Elsewhere: Nikolaou (7.8), Miquel (7.2), Fenton (7.4), Williams (7.1), Bennett (7.1).

Forest Green crushes Ebbsfleet 4-1.

1st: Woking - 83 pts (+32 differential)
2nd: Forest Green - 78 pts (+31 differential)

April 6th: Forest Green @ Woking.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote