View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 12:45 PM   #521
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I have the 98 Waddle, it's great. Cool.

I'm at a weird spot here. They just released a series of 5 superior 99-rated cards of all-time greats (RB Barry Sanders, WR Randy Moss, TE Tony Gonzalez, LB Lawrence Taylor, and CB Deion Sanders) and have again, made them usable on all 32 theme teams. To "max out" my team under the simplest principle of "only guys with Dolphins chemistry" I would now be filling more than half of my roster, and most key spots, with guys who never played a down for Miami, in real life. What "theme" is this?

So... I have north of $4m in cash, and could go out and grab several Dolphins-themed players if I wanted to, but... to what end? I don't know... I don't think they realize (or care) what this crazy burst of theme-flexibility does to those of us who really enjoy exploring our selected franchise as a part of enjoying the game.

Once my team is Lamar Jackson, scrambling around like crazy, looking to dump off to Barry Sanders, or hitting Randy Moss on a deep ball ... what sort of "Dolphins experience" is that? It's just a God Squad like the guys who spend hundreds of dollars buying packs all year. Not really interested in that arms race, which I'd lose, or that vague notion of "the best you can afford" as the only limiting factor in building my roster.

Last edited by QuikSand : 03-24-2023 at 12:45 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote