View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 10:36 AM   #527
QuikSand
lolzcat

I expect that the boy and I are going to try to team up and play MUT 24 together. I wanted him to sort of do his own thing, but... he's not disciplined enough to really do that. He's 10, fwiw. So, we have agreed that we will make a Chargers theme team our main team next year, and he pledges he will help play out the challenges and so forth to help build up the team. So, if father-son bonding is a part of the plan, then this sounds good to me.

I still like having this little mental game as a side distraction. Madden is genuinely not worth the time I put into it, but if I use the MUT auction house and market as a replacement for doing sudoku or the like, then... okay.

We are both fiddling a bit with Franchise mode, which is a solid C- but the ability to play out your games with the team you build is a reasonable attraction. I am well into the "House Rules" phase there, natch. Will likely continue with that.

So... not sure if this thread is worth keeping alive, but I reckon my Madden career will continue at least another year. It's a solid "take your mind off work" outlet, when on-screen, for me, and that has its own value as well.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote