View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 PM   #281
Radii
Head Coach

Left Attacking Mids

I have a bunch of guys that can play AML, but its always been Dylan Rose and Brian Davidson who have been worth playing. Rose was hurt a ton last year and Davidson ended up being a star. So here's the thing... my coaching staff hates all these guys.

Brian Davidson gets $120/wk. He's just always outperformed his ratings, I don't feel there's much risk there.

My scouts haven't found anything at all worth mentioning here. Rose is officially injury prone at this point in my opinion. I'm not willing to commit money to him right now. So everyone else here, including other guys who have never impressed me like Jeff Gallardo and Ben Goodwin, will sit w/o a contract for now. I assume at some point they'll just leave without one, or make demands? I guess we'll see!

Right Attacking Mids

Ian Cooper and Adam Fisher both did quite well as wingers on the right side last year, and I like both of them a lot. Both want $130/wk.

But this might be my chance to make a bit of a splash. There's another player in the transfer market who got dropped from Greensboro when they demoted last year. 19 y/o Josh Evans has reasonable speed, all of his mental attributes are in the 7-9 range (including decisions, which I'm used to seeing at like 4). 10 crossing, 11 dribbling, 10 first touch, 8 passing, 9 technique. Those numbers just absolute demolish anything I've ever had on my team. This is really the first guy I've seen who I look at and say "well by everythying I can see this is a huge upgrade". He has a couple other offers, but I jump in there with a $400/wk offer.

Either Cooper or Fisher, will likely get offers from me, and I'm not sure how likely I am to land this Evans kid. But we'll advance from here at least without anyone at AMR on the team being offered anything yet.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote