View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #39
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I get into a mood where I am interested in one particular sport, but by the time I get any serious season started in that game, I am completely bored with it (or an update/newer version comes out).

I definitely had this issue, and was spending money on games I barely ended up playing.

I can't flip between sims, I'll just lose interest. I've been running a TEW dynasty since April, and have played zero other text sims since then. I haven't always been so consistent in updating the thing, but I always go back to it, because I haven't "strayed". (If I started playing FOF or OOTP again, I'd forget all about it).

This is a text-sim only phenomenon because of the "dynasty" element - one game lasting months, potentially. (I still fire up CIV IV, ect).

Not saying you're limited to one text sim a year, but if you're bouncing between games, I understand the problem. Pick a game, and pick what you want to do with it. (ie. 20 year career in FOF, then stick with FOF exclusively until you finish or get bored with it).

Last edited by molson : 12-17-2007 at 12:45 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote