View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #561
Radii
Head Coach

-- The final season ticket sales numbers are announced. We sold 17,526 season tickets, down 10 from last year when Ipswich sold 17,536. This comes in a little lower than estimated but that's ok. We need to win to earn more, I am ok with that.

-- Sheffield Utd makes an official inquiry into our young defender Jack Hughes. He's valued at $1.7M. Do I say he's not available no matter what? I name a price of $5 million. If they'll overpay that much I'm in!

August 16th, 2017

League Cup 1st Round

Ipswich @ Bristol Rovers

We're huge 4:5 favorites at this League 1 side. Bristol Rovers are 3:1 dogs. This will be our first meeting, and this will also be televised. This game was recently switched to a TV time slot.

GK: Murphy
D: Gudmundsson/Brown/Bruce/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Lewis

The only change today is that Paulo starts at DMC as he's back from his injury. Troy Brown probably can't go 90 today but I choose to start him anyway. Standard mindset on the road today.

3': We are out on the attack, there's a pass to Rob Lewis about 25 yards out from Bennett, he draws two defenders and pokes the ball into the area where Neil Gordon runs onto it and finishes! 1-0

26': After about 20 minutes without a highlight Khan hits Gordon for a rather speculative shot from the left side of the area, its easily saved.

37': We are piling on the shots, recent efforts just out of the area by Khan and Lewis went just wide, we're up to 11 shots, only 3 on target and 6 from range. The pressure is on for sure.

HALF: We shoot off a corner at the end of the half, its over, and time is called. We shoot 12 times to their 2. We are doing everything better than them, notably a 75% rate on winning headers to just 35% for Bristol Rovers. We're only up 1 despite all the advantages though so we can't back off yet.

50': They have a free kick out left, its passed to an attacker 25 yards out, a quick shot is off the crossbar.

51': Throwin for Bristol Rovers, its thrown into the area... Bruce wins the ball, but is deemed to have fouled his man, its a penalty that they convert. 1-1

60': They build up an attack, there's a pass wide right, a cross into the area, a strong header with Brown not really challenging it at all, and its by Murphy and in... 1-2

64': Lewis earns himself two good looking shots in back to back highlights, neither are easy or anything, and both are put way high, poorly struck.

76': Stead in for Lewis up front, Kirkland in at DL, Brown out, Gudmundsson to DC.

82': In the last 5 minutes Paulo and Donnelly both pick up injuries that look pretty bad.

86': Bennett with a yellow for a foul out wide left. Paulo is out, Coutts is in and up to MC, 4-3-1-2 formation to close it out.

89': Its hard to score in the last 10 minutes when you never have the ball... all the highlights are for Bristol Rovers.

90': We finally win a ball and try to attack, but Gordon settles for a tough shot 20 yards out that goes over right away without any look to build up for a better shot.

And that's it. Not the start I wanted to my career at Ipswich.

Bristol Rovers 2 : 1 Ipswich

Goal: Gordon (6.9)
Assist: Lewis (6.5)

No one up over 7 today. Troy Brown with a 6.2, Alex Bruce a 6.4 as our defense failed us a couple times back there. We settle for too many quick shots, I may use the "work ball into box" instruction by default for a bit.

Injury Update

MC Gordon Donnelly is going to miss 2 weeks with an elbow injury he picked up during a fall today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote