View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #573
Radii
Head Coach

New Loaner

Welcome Man U reserve GK Emilio Buratti on a 3 month loan. Buratti is about as good as Murphy with the potential to be better. 16 determination, 16 positioning, 15 concentration, 15 bravery, only 6 anticipation. 16 handling/14 reflexes/15 aerial ability/13 command of area/18 one on ones. a 3 rating in rushing out is the worst rating I think for him.

I end up setting Buratti as available for the reserve squad. I wonder if Man U would get pissed if I never use him and leave him in the reserves.

September 23rd, 2017

Ipswich(4-2-1, 5th) @ Middlesborough(4-2-1, 7th)

We're 5:4 favorites on the road today. We're 5-2-7 lifetime against these guys.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Brown/Bruce/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Middlesborough are led by ST Scott McDonald who has 6 goals in 7 matches. Back to our starting lineup today. We'll defend today.

16': Donnelly with a nice run down the left, a cross, Bennett with a header but its over. We've seen 3 shots total so far, all off target.

36': 7 shots total, all but one off target between both teams. They have a weak header that Murphy had to save.

38': Bennett picks up a yellow.

44': Omozusi with a yellow, a middlesborough defender.

HALF: Each team has 5 shots, 1 on target. We actually hold a 60/40 possession edge, other stats are all similar. I see no reason to come out of our defensive shell on the road here.

58': We've been on the attack early on so far, but haven't been able to quite create anything.

61': We win a ball deep in our own end. Berthet launches a ball into our offensive end. Constantino runs onto it, there's on defender there, he tries a slide tackle and Constantino slips by the tackle and there's no one else between him and the keeper. He runs into the penalty area, the keeper comes out but Constantino's aim is true and he puts it by the keeper and into the right side of the net! 1-0

72': We get a counterattack after winning a ball in midfield, there's a pass down the left to Khan, Khan is on the run, he's into the area, fires a shot from a tough angle out left, the keeper saves but goes to the ground to make the save. The rebound falls to Donnelly, he volleys it into the open net! 2-0

76': Coutts in for Gordon, Walker in for Bennett, Fryers in for Bruce, all for rest for the next match.

We finish this one off with ease.

Middlesborough 0 : 2 Ipswich

The second half mostly went like the first, we just got a couple breaks on lapses by the defense and were in just the right spot to take advantage.

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.4)
Goals: Constantino, Donnelly (7.8)
Assists: Berthet (7.6), Khan (7.3)
Notables: Murphy (7.1), Kirkland (7.2), Brown (7.4), Bruce (7.2)

Really nice numbers across the entire defense today.

-- After an 0-2-1 start, we've won 5 straight and currently sit in 3rd place behind QPR and Hull. Those bitchy fans aren't complaining about our formation now are they?!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote