View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #594
Radii
Head Coach

-- Apparently a couple years ago Ipswich sold AMR Jennison Myrie-Williams to West Brom. There was a clause for an extra payment once he played 10 matches for West Brom. He just played his 10th match now and we receive $375,000.

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Bleh, crappy draw. We have to travel to the #9 team in the Championship, Cardiff, for this match. We're expected to reach the 4th round of the FA Cup so we need to win this one.

World Cup Draw

The World Cup is in the USA this year. France won in 2014, Paraguay in 2010. Here's the draw for the 2018 world cup:

Group A

France
Wales
Peru
Tunisia

Group B

USA
Spain
Uruguay
Australia

Group C

Portugal
Honduras
South Korea
Brazil

Group D

Holland
Czech Republic
Morocco
Colombia

Group E

South Africa
Turkey
Poland
UAE

Group F

Ivory Coast
England
Italy
Japan

Group G

Greece
Iraq
Argentina
Mexico

Group H

Ghana
Belgium
Germany
Jamaica

Injury Update

-- Stuart Kirkland is hurt in training and will miss 9-12 days.

-- Birmingham fires their manager and rumors come out that I could be up for the job. That's the first EPL job I've gotten that kind of notification about. I announce that I'm not interested.

December 9th, 2017

Ipswich(11-5-3, 6th) @ Fulham(1-6-12, 24th)

Fulham are in dead last, 1 point behind Woking. We're massive favorites, 4:5 today over Fulham. They're just 3:1 to get a win today. Fulham are 1 point behind Woking in last place. The road team won both meetings last year, we're 4-1-5 lifetime against them, its been pretty even but we should have the upperhand today.

GK: Murphy
D: Gudmundsson/Brown/Bruce/McKerr
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Coutts
AMC: Gordon
ST: Lewis/Constantino

Chris Makiese leads them with 9 goals. No one else has more than 2. We're going to be playing a ton on short rest so I rest a number of starters today. Gudmundsson starts for the injured Kirkland. McKerr, Coutts and Lewis start for Berthet, Bennett and Khan today. We're attacking today.

14': Paulo misses a tackle in the midfield and allows a run at Murphy from one of their strikers... into the area, clear cut strike.. murphy makes a great diving save and just turns it behind. We clear out the corner.

22': We allow 2 corners, first one just headed back behind again, second one cleared well. We're not getting possession so far, we might have to get Bennett in this game.

32': We lose possession in the midfield, they get it forward to forward James Brown, Bruce tries to make the tackle from behind, fails, Brown into the area, and he beats Murphy. 0-1

34': Donnelly tries to get it back by himself. He's 30 yards out, makes a great run by the man on him, earns a clear cut chance getting into the area, but the keeper makes the save.

35': We set up our offense, with little buildup Gudmundsson just sends a ball forward from the midfield circle into the area. They have two defenders there, Constantino goes up with both of them, gets his head to the ball, the keeper has to dive for it, it hits the left post and bounces in! That's constantino doesn't get a lot of headers, most of his bad ratings are games where he goes 3 for 20 on headers. This is one of the more unlikely goals I think we've ever scored. 1-1

HALF: We only allow 4 shots, 3 on target. We shoot 3 times, 2 on target. But really it feels like Fulham are nearly in complete control today. They have a 57/43 possession edge. Lewis and Gordon put up 5.7 ratings for the half. I decide to make one change at the half. Coutts moves up to AMC. Bennett comes in for Gordon and moves to MC. That gives two of our starters a half of rest and maybe this gives us a better offense for the second half.

48': We try to start our offense and they quickly clear away. They get it to their scorer Brown 35 yards out. Bruce plays him agressively and makes the tackle, Brown keeps going forward, the ball ends up at the feet of one of their midfielders, he pushes it back ahead to Brown, Brown is in the area and has another free run at Murphy and scores easily. 1-2

57': We work the ball forward, Gudmundsson makes a difficult pass into the area to Rob Lewis. One of their defenders seems to have a shot to intercept and fails, the defender on Lewis misses a tackle, Lewis picks it up and shoots near post and its in! 2-2

62': Terrible, terrible defending. They have it in the midfield and rush forward, they go wide right, a cross into the area and James Brown is there, our defenders are not, they're a good 5 ayrds behind when the cross comes in, and he's got an easy, easy hat trick. 2-3

79': Constantino!!!!! Fulham backs it out to set up their offense, Constantino makes a tackle and wins the ball, passing back to Bennett. Bennett to Lewis, Lewis to Constantino and he's in the midfield circle but he's got a step on the defense. He pushes the ball ahead and takes off. no one can catch him, he gets into the area and beats the keeper!! 3-3

79': Khan in for Lewis who is really tired.

82': We earn a corner, but they clear it easily.

83': We get another throwin, some great passing to set up a nice shot, but Coutts is just offsides as the pass is made.

88': Coutts goes down hurt.

90': Donnelly passes it ahead to Constantino, he turns and immediately fires from 20 yards out, the ball hits the crossbar and goes straight up into the air. It ends up coming down just out of play.

93': Oh this looks bad. We head the ball out of the defense, Khan goes for a header, and he falls hard. He's hurt too.

The whistle blows and we have to take the draw here.

Fulham 3 : 3 Ipswich

No surprise at all that their striker James Brown is man of the match with a hat trick. Going into the match Brown had a 6.24 rating and 1 goal through 15 matches.

Goals: Constantino 2 (8.8), Lewis (7.4)
Assists: Gudmundsson 2 (7.3), Lewis
Notables: Murphy (7.4), Bruce (7.0)

We played much better in the second half, but we gave up a couple very easy chances. I'm surprised the defense didn't take a big hit in their ratings.

Injury Update

Bring on Rob Lewis... Matthew Khan turned his ankle and he's going to miss the next month.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote