View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm just not sure what kind of meaningful discussion we are going to have today if we don't want to talk about names, don't want to talk about who is likely in/out of the game, don't want to talk about powers, etc.

So it sounds like we have just another ordinary Day 1. Which is OK, I guess, but Day 1 is always a dull crapshoot and I would rather have some meaningful conversation, if possible.

I don't like just saying no to an idea without providing something that I feel is a better alternative, so I've been trying to think of a better alternative discussion to give for you today, but unfortunatly I don't see many discussions that would be positive for the villagers just yet. Everything would either be giving up too much of the wrong type of information too early, or just speculation that could lead us down the wrong road anyways.

My personal feeling is in games where all villagers have a role, it tends to favor the villagers to some small extent if used wisely, as they will have an extra amount of information that they normally wouldn't. That is why usually I favor a no lynch vote on day 1 in games where everyone has a role, wheras in other games I usually am pro-lynch on day 1. This game no-lynch doesn't seem like a valid voting option, but that said, I still think we could likely have alot more information on day 2 or 3 than we normally would.. but we just have to be patient for it.

In the end, I don't really have many other alternative topics in my mind for today, and it looks to me perhaps the best approach is the typical day 1 approach.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote