View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #458
Radii
Head Coach

November 26nd, 2016

FA Cup 2nd Round

Woking (9-7-2, 2nd) @ Milwall(6-8-4, 9th)

This one is deemed to be pretty even, 6:4 for them at home, 13:8 for us. We tied Milwall at their place in our frist league meeting earlier in the year.

GK: James
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Alcock
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Harsanyi/N'Guessan
FC: Paterson/constantino

With Ogogo and Zatara hurt, colin needs a rest today, we go Alcock DR, O'Sullivan in for a tiring Paulo, Harsanyi/N'Guessan is a solid set of attacking mids and Paterson gets another shot at forward. Standard mindset today.

2': O'Sullivan plays a quick and great long ball from midfield as a highlight starts, N'Guessan is first to it in the area, it seems like he should easily score but the keeper rushes out and blocks a shot... a better first touch probably leads to a goal, it wasn't bad, but needed to be perfect.

12': We have 4 shots, the only other threatening one was put way wide by Upson though.

21': they work the ball down the left side, there's a pass into the left side of the area, its a shot from midfielder Hoolahan from a tough angle... but James doesn't react well... this is the first one where i feel 1000% sure that Lynch makes the save. 0-1

35': Upson with a free kick 25 yards out, he shoots off the wall and earns a corner. He takes the corner, there's a header by Taylor, its by the keeper but hits the far post and bounces clear.

46': They work the ball down the right, there's a cross in and its all our defenders, Alcock heads it but it goes right to an attacker 20 yards out, we don't chase it well and their man has a wide open shot from that range, he sends it in hard and James can't stop it, its in the right side of the net. 0-2

HALF I haven't typed Constantino's name once, I haven't seen him have the ball in a highlight. They shoot 9 times, we shoot 4, both of us put 4 shots on target, we had two very good chances to score, their goals weren't guarenteed looks or anything, just very strong shots that a better keeper maybe gets to. We'll change to an attacking mindset in the second half.

64': We have a long pass down the right after a clearance, constantino picks it up and runs into the area... the keeper and two defenders converge to the right side to try to stop Constantino, he threads a pass over to Paterson... lets paint this picture... the keeper and two defenders are 15 yards out over on the right side of the goal, constantino hits a WIDE OPEN Matthew Paterson at the left side of the goal, he's clearly onsides, the keeper isn't in front of the goal. HE DOESNT SHOOT. He holds the ball and runs towards the goal. One of the defenders rushes over to Paterson and by the time Paterson decides to shoot he shoots it into the defender. I'm just stunned. Unfathomable.

79': Time to wave the white flag. Subotic in for Constantino, Ferry in for O'Sullivan, Smith in for Marc, rest up.

After a great run in the FA Cup last year its disappointing to go out early, but we'll look for the silver lining and hope to be a little more rested than our opponents in December.

Milwall 2 : 0 Woking

Matthew Paterson puts up a 5.8. His decision not to shoot the second he touched the ball on that play with Constantino is the most baffling thing I've ever seen in a FM game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote