View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #482
Radii
Head Coach

January 28th, 2017

Dag & Red (10-9-10, 12th) @ Woking (16-9-4, 1st)

We're even money favorites today at home, a big difference compared to the lack of credit the bookies were giving us our last few matches. We are 1-1-2 lifetime against these guys, our win coming this season 1:0 on the road back in September.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Cook
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Upson starts today, and Marc is back from injury and immediately back into the lineup. We're attacking.

7': we've shot 3 times so far, the most recent a clear cut chance from N'Guessan after a through ball by Harsanyi that's saved.

35': Tons and tons of time with just an off target shot as a highlight... we have a throwin in our defensive half, one of their mids has a shot at it but flubs a header, N'Guessan recovers the ball near midfield and begins a run, the defense is scrambling to get into position, there's a pass ahead and Harsanyi is wide open 25 yards out, he makes it into the area and puts it into the left side of the net by the keeper! 1-0

48': midfielder Dicker picks up a yellow for a tackle on Upson.

HALF: We end up with 7 shots, 5 of them on target. They have 4 shots but nothing really close, one free kick from long range is high, a couple blocked. Possession is just 51/49 for us and they are tackling very well. Our shots have come in bunches when they've come, 1-0 feels about right here, it'd be nice to get a second one!

48': midfielder Kasim with a yellow tackling Cook has he was blowing by.

58': We earn a free kick 30 yards out, a bit wide, we cross it in, cleared back for a corner, the corner is cleared though. We have a couple shots, both headers after crosses in from the left side, both on target, both easily saved.

61': We get a free kick out close to midfield, its sent in, and there's a foul called! I don't' even know who was contesting that one for us... but its a penalty, Upson takes it and buries it! 2-0

70': They attack down the left side, a pass into the middle... Marc seems to have made a mistake here, an attacker has squirted through the defense and has a free run on Lynch... we're trying to close down, the forward keeps moving left... Lynch comes slowly up to try to cut off his angle... a shot is finally taken, and its a few inches wide left. I dunno really what happened there, it seemed like a very very poor move by their forward.

84': They have a corner, its crossed in, their man Todd goes down in the area, its a dive... and... a straight red? I'm not really sure what happened there, it was not explained what was different to not just give a yellow and move on compared to the dives I'm used to seeing, no mention of complaining, and definitely straight red, but hey, if we didn't have it wrapped up before, we do now.

Woking 2 : 0 Dag & Red

They ended up with 9 shots but 6 from long range and just one on target.

Man of the Match: Sam Cook (7.7)
Goals: Upson (7.3), Harsanyi (7.6)
Assists: N'Guessan 2 (7.6)
Notables: Ogogo (7.3), Nikolaou (7.3), Marc (7.4), Taylor (7.0), colin (7.4)

Constantino was a total non factor, he ended up earning a 5.9 rating today, winning only 1 of 12 headers he went up after and just not really being on the ball very often at all, a weird game from him.

Cook with the rare man of the match with no goals or assists. His speed really seems to give us a lot of extra possession and buildup so far from what I've seen even if he doesn't directly create the goal.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote