View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 12:33 AM   #485
Radii
Head Coach

-- Sam Cook is named to the League 1 Team of the Week.

-- We had a big match on the 11th at home against 5th place Milwall, but our field is waterlogged and this has been moved to March 1st.

-- Zoltan Harsanyi reveals that he has forgiven the Woking management for treating him unfairly. Show up to practice and I don't care what you say about me.

Februry 18th, 2017

Woking (18-9-4, 1st) @ Preston(8-12-12, 19th)

We're 5:4 favorites on the road today, they're 7:4. We tied them 2:2 in our first meeting in October. We went up 2-0 in this one and gave up two goals in the final 15 minutes.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Paulo/Cook
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

No change today, Paulo has been playing really really well lately, much better than Upson, I am beginning to settle on Paulo/Cook for awhile I think. Standard mindset on the road today.

15': We end up generating our first shot, a ball forward from Constantino to N'Guessan, its blocked and behind for a corner. corner is taken by Constantino to the far end of the 6 yard box... the keeper dives out for it and misses, Marc wins the header and its in the net!!! 1-0

25': defender Rees with a yellow.

36': We've controlled it in their end for awhile but aren't really getting it into the area, a lot of blocked crosses that get sent back forward.

39': They have a throwin on the left side, its taken and there's a quick pass over to the right side of the field, Colin goes for an interception, he misses, and the defense is still concentrated over left, how our AML ends up the last man in defense, well that's just ugly, there's a short break, a shot and its placed well into the left side of the net by Lynch. 1-1

HALF: They end up with 7 shots, we have 6. They put 4 on target, we put 3 on target. Each of us have 3 from long range though. We're winning in the air, winning 66% of our headers to just 44% for Preston, otherwise everything is really, really even right now. Harsanyi is struggling a bit on our end with a 6.1 rating, Ogogo 6.2, they'll turn it around.

48': A quick pass from Harsanyi to Constantino leads to the first shot of the half, but the keeper makes a save, it was contested by a defender as well.

60': They counter after clearing a cross away, Ogogo is trying to kill us here... he's way further back than the rest of our defense, the problem is that the ball is on the other side of the pitch, allowing their forwards to get behind Taylor/Marc for a clear cut chance... that's just botched horribly and sent wide, whew!

67': Some very nice passing between Paulo and Cook and Constantino set up a through ball that ends up going to N'Guessan in the area... a better first touch and we have an easy goal, but the way it ends up the keeper close down and dives on the ball.

71': Zatara in for N'Guessan who is tired and struggling.

72': Cook plays a ball ahead to Zatara, a pretty through ball to Harsanyi, he SHOULD stop and shoot from 15 yards out.. he doesn't, he tries to run to the right with the ball... I don't get it, he ends up allowing the keeper to set up for a stop.

74': Upson in for Paulo, Alcock in for Ogogo, in both cases our guys are tired and not playing quite as well as i'd hope.

78': Hopefully not too aggressive here, I turn on the attack for the final 12 minutes on the road.

85': Harsanyi goes down hurt... his fitness is in the tank, injury symbol and all, gulp!

88': We give up two corners, the second after they get a man open in the area and Alcock has to make a very tough tackle. After clearing the second we get the ball ahead to Constantino and try to counter, he gets down the field to the right and plays a ball in but they clear.

89': Nikolaou with a foul out to the left wide of the penalty area. They cross the free kick in, we head it behind for a corner. Upson gets his head to the corner to clear, they recover and push it back in, a shot is blocked, Alcock gets to it and sends it out wide for a throwin... A cross after the throwin is headed behind... another corner. Zatara gets to this one and finally we clear it out safely.

94': We get a throwin in their end, we get it into the area, Constantino earns us a corner, taken by Upson, headed out wide, Harsanyi gets to it and tries ot send it back in, but its cleared away and the whistle blows.

Preston 1 : 1 Woking

The first half was very evenly played, but I felt we were better in the second, we just really didn't take advantage of a couple great looking chances for N'Guessan and Harsanyi. A tie on the road is never something to get upset about though.

Man of the Match: Marc (8.3)
Goal: Marc
Assist: Constantino (7.8)
Notables: Nikolaou (7.1)

Most of the team was in the 6.7-6.8 range. Ogogo really struggled putting up a 5.7 today, and N'Guessan was not very effective either with a 6.0.

-- Harsanyi is going to miss about a week with a bruised thigh. He'll miss one match for sure, and he might miss our big one against Gillingham which is 7 days away.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote