View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #486
Radii
Head Coach

-- Marc is named in the league 1 team of the week this week.

Februry 21st, 2017

Woking (18-10-4, 1st) @ Southend(7-11-15, 22nd)

We're even money favorites on the road today against a struggling Southend. They're 11:5 to win. We beat them 4:2 at our place back in September.

GK: Lynch
D: Wiggins/Taylor/Marc/Alcock
MC: Paulo/Cook
AM: Colin/Zatara
FC: Subotic/Constantino

Subotic starts for Harsanyi, and we also rest Nikolaou, Ogogo and N'Guessan to balance out our fit guys for our match vs Gillingham in just 4 more days. We'll attack hard today, lets ge ta big lead early guys.

9': They attack early but can't generate a shot after a number of highlights, we counter finally with Subotic sending a long ball forward for Constantino who just outruns the defense to get an easy shot and a goal. 1-0

14': They build up an attack, there's a through ball into the area for their leading scorer Akinde who has an easy finish... Taylor takes the blame for being out of position there. 1-1

19': Wiggins goes down hurt in the midfield allowing an open run down the right side of the field for Southend, Taylor has to come out to pick up their wide attacker, he's able to pass it into the open area for a second easy easy goal... bad luck with the injury, but bad recovery. 1-2

37': Long time with no highlights, Subotic on the run, he passes it ahead, its off a defender but Constantino picks it up 30 yards out and continues the run, he puts it into an open space for Zatara who finishes cleanly, beating the keeper near post! 2-2

44': Its just chaos out there on both ends... their man Akinde breaks into a sprint towards the goal, Taylor just stands there to try to force him offsides, but the pass is made perfectly, and since Taylor wasn't doing anything at all, he's not in a position to go defend... its another easy, easy goal. 2-3

HALF: Wow, this is crazy. Alcock 5.8, Wiggins 5.8, Marc 5.5, Taylor has a good rating despite my impression that he's playing like crap. 5.8 from Paulo... maybe we can just outscore these guys here. And here's my problem... Southend has 3 shots, 3 on target, 3 clear cut chances, 3 goals. We can't let that happen.

47': We have a buildup from the left side, a pass to Subotic, constantino is hanging out in their back line just waiting to break, Subotic puts it forward, Constantino finds a hole between their two DC's, he receives the pass and drills it by the keeper to tie it up! 3-3

54': midfielder Pepper with a yellow for holding up Cook.

69': They have a long ball from behind the midfield stripe, Taylor just flat out misses an interception and their top scorer AKinde runs onto it in the area, he's trying to control it after a high bounce though and ends up volleying it high.

72': Taylor is hurt and forced to come out immediately, ugh! Chester is in. Paterson in for Subotic as well.

86': Constantino has it after a long buildup, there's a through ball to Zatara running in from the right, he's got a great look, he's got to give us the win here... but no, its off the right post.

That was the last chance, and its a draw.

Southend 3 : 3 Woking

If I start Nikolaou and Ogogo we probably win here, but 3 matches in a week, I didn't feel i could go best 11 today.

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.8)
Goals: Constantino 2, Zatara (7.1)
Assists: Subotic 2 (7.8), Constantino
Notables: Paulo (7.2), Colin (7.0)

Cook is noticeably missing above, a pedestrian 6.8 rating today. The defenders all play much better in the second half and recover from their embarrassing start.

-- Vince Taylor is out about a week with the thigh injury he picked up today. We've dodged a couple bullets with scary Taylor and Harsanyi injuries the last two matches.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote