View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:41 AM   #489
Radii
Head Coach

March 5th, 2017

Bournemouth(9-14-12, 19th) @ Woking (19-11-5, 2nd)

We're slim 6:4 favorites today, they're at 13:8. We played 4 days ago and have been on short rest for the last 2 weeks now thanks to that makeup game. Bournemouth have a week's rest here. We're 1-2-0 lifetime against them, tying 1:1 at their place back in October.

GK: Lynch
D: Wiggins/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Cook
AM: Harsanyi/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/Constantino

We're so tired today. Wiggins in for Nikolaou, Taylor is back from his short injury and in the lineup. Cook is back as well. Harsanyi, N'Guessan and Constantino are all in need of a rest. Constantino *really* needs a rest. If I have a lead at the half he almost certainly comes out. We will look to attack and try to get that early lead.

7': We have the first attacking highlight but nothing comes from it, then we see a long, slow buildup by Bournemouth leading to a pass that sneaks into the area and generates a really open look and a clear cut chance... Lynch is positioned well, and the shot goes wide, but that was a great chance.

25': We are seeing a lot of highlights where we earn corner kicks and either head shots way over or just see them easily cleared. We seem to mostly be in control but aren't getting great looks.

41': A highlight opens with Constantino charging down the right side, he goes down to the end line, plays a ball back to N'Guessan who sends it to the far end of the 6 yard box, Harsanyi gets his head to it and heads it down with quite a bit of force, but the keeper is able to make the save.

44': Well Marc just fell over after making a pass forward with no one within 20 yards of him... and he's down... and he has to come out immediately. Wow. Chester is in.

HALF: We manage 10 shots but 5 are from long range and 5 are blocked. Only 2 are on target, the shot by Harsanyi was our only real threat. We only allow 3 shots, all off target. We have a huge 64/36 possession edge, but haven't turned it into a goal yet. Constantino is not finishing the match today, its just a matter of how long I drag it out with him out there.

47': Chester.... uggggh. A ball is played back to Chester after a tackle but he doesn't clear quickly and they get an attacker to him who wins the ball away in our penalty area. He shoots but Lynch saves... they maintain possession and Lynch has to make another save of a strong header after a cross, and a 3rd shot is put wide by inches, 3 chances that never should have happened.

58': O'Conner for Bournemouth with a yellow for the most obvious dive in history.

68': Harsanyi was injured earlier in the half and I bring Zatara in for him, Paterson in for Constantino... that's all my subs.

80': They get a quick attacking highlight, there's a through ball to the right side of the area, a quick shot, and a diving save by Lynch to save the second clear cut chance of the match for Bournemouth. The first corner we try to clear but end up having to put it behind for a 2nd corner... the second one is taken short, there's a cross and a header that is in, Lynch is way way way out of position for that one... 0-1

We can't generate anything the rest of the way.

Woking 0 : 1 Bournemouth

Notables: Lynch (7.4), Ogogo (7.1), Taylor (7.1)

I'll take the blame for this one. Having a match rescheduled put us in an early season type spot where we played 4 matches in a row on short rest, this last one coming when our opponent had a week off. I wanted my best guys out there for Gillingham and Milwall, so I really forced it a bit and we were just gassed. Constantino probably shouldn't have started today, either given the day off or brought in for 20 minutes at the end if we needed a goal. And i probably should have balanced resting guys a bit better against tougher opponents. This was a really tough spot and we were just exhausted in that second half.

Gillingham wins today to even the points and we fall back to 3rd due to goal differential. Crystal Palace has a draw, so we're both 3 points behind them.

-- Marc is going to miss a week with a bruised rib he sustained today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote