View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #397
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 31, 2013
My personal assistant notes that the contracts of 63 players have either already expired or will expire in the next 12 months.
----

You thought the doubleheader of friendlies was odd? How about a tripleheader, starting with our senior squad at Dunston.

16' - Warren goes up for a header off a corner & scores with ease (1-0)
22' - Paratore buries a nice centering pass from Clarke-Harris (2-0)
35' - Purvis inexplicably delivers an own goal at high speed (2-1)
Almost looked like he'd turned heel there for a minute, just wheeled & fired a rocket past Dovey

Halftime - 57% of poss, 7-2 shot edge, 70% passing to their 53% ... and our lead is just a single goal. I tell 'em to keep it up, notably Cofie looks complacent on the field & Hands didn't seem to be listening in the clubhouse. Let's see if he notices this
Sub Slaughter for Hands
58' - An own goal, Slaughter's long throw-in is headed by Seery, punched by the keeper and flies off the back of a defender right into the net (3-1)
62' - Sub Sinclair* for Purvis (tiring), Bembo-Leta for Clarke-Harris (knocked)
71' - Sub Lobjoit for Ricketts (tiring)
79' - Whitaker corner into the area for Seery, quick pass to Slaughter, quick goal (4-1)
89' - Sub Quinn for Seery
Fulltime: Blyth 4 - Dunston 1 friendly
Seery (8.4, MOM) ran them ragged indeed. Outshot them 14-5, had 56% of poss, completed 70% of passes, dominated in the air. Nicely done, as it should have been
----
Our Reserves are at Brewery Field to face Spennymoor
Bennett puts us up 1-0 with an easy goal off a centering pass by Harrison at 11'. Harrison buries a nice cross from Chinthengah at 19' to make it 2-nil. Switch to 5-3-2 at the halftime, try some Defensive for a change.
Fulltime: Blyth Reserves 2 - Spennymoor 0 friendly
Played a lot of people out of position in the second half, worked on defensive positioning and the like.
----

Our U18s head to Kingsley Park Stadium to take on Ryton. A curving shot beats Henly and we go down a goal at 16'. Ugly first half, multiple subs at the break in hopes of seeing something different. Offside calls back a goal that would have put us down by two at 65', we make another round of subs.
Robson hits the crosbar at 78'
Fulltime: Ryton 1 - Blyth U18s 0 friendly
Didn't play well at all, lots of poor performances today. Lousy passing (54%) and horrible shooting (0/6 on target) did us in.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-21-2012 at 11:10 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote