View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #700
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Matthew had a very good meet even though they decided not to do the split 11 & 12 year old age groups for finals. He improved his time on all his events except the 50 free. Considering most of his current best were done only two weeks ago, I think this qualifies as a very good meet

He even swam his first ever 400m IM in what I felt was a pretty good time in 6:28.55. He came in 5th out of 10 in the 11-12 category but first among 11 yo kids.

He only had one fly event on his plate for the weekend and he made the most of it, qualifying for his only final of the meet in it. He came out of the 50m fly preliminaries with the top seed, then improving his previous best of 33.84 (again done only two weeks ago) with a solid 33.70. That was on Sunday morning. That 33.84 was already the best this season in Quebec so 33.70 was just improving on that.

In the event final on Sunday evening, he cut another whopping 0.61 second off that best time, posting a very nice 33.09 but was beat by the second seeded kid, a 12 yo, with a time of 32.82.

Results for his meet have not been added to the Swimrankings database yet and another kid has temporarily pushed his 33.84 down to 2nd place but he will take that spot back once the times are in. If it all stands as is right now, his 33.09 would be the 5th best time this season in the country for kids 11 years old.

Here's a video of his 50 fly final
50 fly final, silver medal151213 - YouTube

FM