View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #14
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Revolutions - A History podcast that examines various historical revolutions. He's completed the British and American revolutions, is almost done with the French revolution and Haiti is up next. He also did the History of Rome, which is MASSIVE.

I havent got into Revolutions yet, but I got through the whole 180-ish episodes of The History of Rome and thought it was great. Mike Duncan is like Dan Carlin without the arrogance and off-topic rambling.

My other regulars are:

In Our Time: BBC thing, each week a presenter and three university professors discuss something really clever. Recently it's been Extremophiles (organisms that live in extreme conditions), Frederick The Great, and Utilitarianism. It's hit or miss, some weeks I just dont care enough about the subject to stick with it.

The Cycling Podcast: British again, ex-professional and two journalists discuss latest happenings in the world of bicycle road racing. Tour de France has just started so they're onto two podcasts per day.

Smodcast: Cant give up on it, even if too many episodes now are just Kevin Smith getting high and giggling at his own jokes. Still enough funnies to keep me coming back.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote