View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 09:29 AM   #193
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
The Fields situation is super-intriguing because the team last year was, by design, a completely hopeless tire fire. How do you evaluate a QB in that situation? I wonder how much of an analog Lawrence's first year in Jacksonville is, though that team hadn't been stripped for parts the way the Bears had.

I totally agree. I think Justin Fields has Jalen Hurts type of potential meaning that if they could actually get some offensive talent around him - a good offensive line and some actual NFL receivers - I think it's possible that he could take his game to the next level. Hurts had arguably the best offensive line in football, two outstanding receivers in Smith and AJ Brown, a great tight end in Goddert, and decent group of running backs.

That's so much more than what Fields had at each and every position. Given the Bears' cap space, draft capital, and if Fields can take a big step forward in the pass game with more talent they could potentially turn this around pretty quick.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote