View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #571
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

There were four offensive PI calls in the game and two were pretty clear (Cook blocking not one, but two Packers on the TD and the Graham push off). There other two were dicey, but the Vikings could have challenged either.

I agree that it created an unfair advantage however the Pats do these same type of plays all the time and refs just look the other way. Its the fact that it wasnt anything abnormal in comparison to other pick plays and that they seem to have basically put the rule in for the extremely obvious situations as most reviews have just stayed as called. Kind of like the roughing the passer calls last year I hate anything that gives the refs the opportunities to favor the home crowd even more. The reason isnt wasnt caught in live action is Cook actually disguised it pretty well. Imagine the outrage if the NFL starts calling 10 offensive pass interference penalties against the Pats each week after watching replays. They cherry picked a huge play in the game and chose to change it. That is what frustrated me. I am sure the Packers were picking on some of their cross routes as well. EVERY team does it.

You could easily say the defense was holding him and preventing him from running his route. Its a judgment call. Not one that should be changed on replay. I would have hated it either way but the review replay on that was idiotic. 93 looked more like he was in Cooks way. And Cook isnt a professional route runner so who the hell even knows if the pick was intentional. The DB just had great position preventing him from running his route. Again it wasnt like Cook shoved him or muscled him out of the way.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote