View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

With all the downtime, I've bought dozens of albums during the pandemic. Just now getting back to driving to work so I can really listen to most of them. I'll have to pick and choose some of the best to post here at some point.

For now, here's the lead single from the new The Ocean Collective album, just dropped today (the single; album is due in September). These guys are dedicated to a true progressive metal experience - long songs, drawn-out concept albums dealing with things like prehistoric times, geology and the formation of the earth. The names of their albums/songs are a prog nerds wet dream. The last couple of albums have been amazing, and this sounds even better.

This is Jurassic / Cretaceous from Phanerozoic II: Mesozoic / Cenozoic. Definite Tool vibe, but (IMO) way better than recent Tool (generally more extreme, which helps to highlight the contrasts better). Features vocals from Katatonia's Jonas Renske. Katatonia also released a new album recently.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote