View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #267
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nov 17, 2012
Blyth (21st in BSBP) at Alfreton (4th in BSBN) - 1st Round FA Cup

Hard luck to play a good team on the road, this won't be easy. They're 5:4 favorites, we're 7:4 underdogs. 4-4-2 Counter.

GK: Knight
D: Kulsten, Jones, Antwi, Purvis
MF: Matondo, Hands, White, Groves
F: Stamp, Mole
Bench: (Giddings, Phillips, Armstrong, Slaughter, Vipond, O'Connor, Dovey)

10:30 - Mole to Matondo deep on the left side ... back to Mole in the area ... out to Hands who dribbles right & shoots .. GOAL ! (1-0) One of the prettier goals you'll see from us

Halftime - They slowed us down considerably after the early display, but we're holding on despite being outshot 5-3. Just have to keep it going, stay the course for now.

47:15 - White plays a quick pass deep in the area to Mole ... left footed shot toward the right post ... GOAL (2-0)

51:30 - Darko puts up a 25 yard try ... it's in .. (2-1) He got up a head of steam & put a lot on the shot

63:00 - Switch to Defensive
64:30 - Sub Slaughter for Matondo (tiring/knocked)
67:30 - Darko draws the defense ... plays a pass to Jarman and his rocket beats Knight (2-2)
77:00 - Sub O'Connor for Stamp; White to F, Groves to CMR, O'Connor to MR
Switch to Counter
80:25 - Jarman battles with Antwi after making a long run ... Antwi wins the ball & gets flattened for his troubles ... That's a red card for Jarman, he's sent off ... Switch to Standard ... Sub Armstrong for Hands (tiring)
86:00 - Antwi hacks a loose ball off the line after a dangerous shot by Alfreton
92:30 - Kulsten crosses for Armstrong ... wheels & fires ... just inches wide

Fulltime - I'm not sure whether to be happy or disappointed. Lousy to blow a lead like that, good to still be alive. Outshot 11-7 but we did a number of things right.

Knight 6.8
Kulsten 6.8, Jones 6.9, Antwi 6.9, Purvis 6.1
Matondo 6.9, Hands 7.3 & 1 goal, White 7.2 & 1 assist, Groves 6.9
Stamp 6.7, Mole 7.9 & 1 goal & 1 assist
Subs: Slaughter 6.7, Armstrong/O'Connor N/A

Nov 17, 2012 (postmatch)
The replay has been set for Wed Nov 28th. That shoves our league match against Lincoln to Wed Dec 5th.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-21-2012 at 03:46 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote