View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #192
Radii
Head Coach

-- DL Nikolaou will play for the Cyprus U21 squad on 10/11 and 10/15.

October 9th, 2013

Johnstone Paint Trophy 2nd Round

Woking @ Exeter

Well, we just played last week to a draw at their house. They're pickem favorites once again and we're going on very short rest and will play again in 3 more days, so we make the appropriate subs. We're not "throwing" this one but we can't run all our best guys 3 days in a week.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Fenton/Smith/Anane
MC: Upson/Pulis
AM: Clapham/Ademola
ST: Subotic/Pablo

Luke Daley and their other striker Dagnall both threatened us a ton in the last match. We're not sitting back today to let their speed kill us. We're attacking, I kinda wanted to try this last game against Exeter, they seem like they score a lot but give up more. I'm a bit more comfortable trying it in a competition.

10': Daley with a clear cut chance on a great give and go from the right side of the area, Lynch with a great save.

19': Well if you allow 6 shots in 20 minutes don't be surprised if you give up a goal... midfielder Rooney puts one past Lynch in about as easy a goal as you'll see, the defense got out of position trying to defend the strikers and Rooney filled the open space. 0-1

27': And two of our newest players do it again! Upson with a very nice through ball past two defenders, Pablo runs on to it and hammers it by their keeper! 1-1

HALF: The final 20 minutes of the half FLY by. I'm really liking Upson and Pablo, this is looking like it could be a great combo for the rest of the season. Exeter takes 8 shots, putting 5 on target, we take 5 shots with 3 on target. All of them were in the first 30 minutes on both sides. Possession is about even and this is going to be an exciting second half, I'm continuing to attack, screw it.

55': After a long ball forward that is slowed nicely by the wet turf, Clapham takes a shot from the left side of the area, off the left post, argh. this actually generates a counter attack... no one got to it til nearly midfield.

68': O'Sullivan and Ball in for Pulis and Upson. "Upson is furious with being replaced" ... he was a bit tired heh.

74': Lynch with the massive fuckup. They take a goal kick, there's a header, the ball comes ALMOST into the penalty area but not quite, so Lynch has to come out and play it but can't pick it up. He misplays it and it falls right to Daley who puts it into the wide open net. 1-2

74': Ogogo in for Anane.

89': Ball wins a header in midfield, feeds Clapham ahead to the left side, he crosses, Subotic with the header... off the crossbar and straight up, a few crowd under it, keeper grabs it. AAAAAAAAAAGH

90': 5 minutes of extra time thanks to a couple injuries.

Lynch makes a number of great saves in the final 10 minutes as we go all out to try to score, but it doesn't help his awful mistake and we can't come through.

Exeter 2 : 1 Woking

Ed Upson earns man of the match in the loss, he played great and I learned to not take his ass out if he's playing well unless he's dying heh. 8.1 rating and our assist. 9 for 9 on headers for him.

Pablo has our goal and a 6.9 rating.

Clapham with a 7.0 and Nikolaou was great with a 7.6 rating. Lynch with a 5.9, Ananea 5.6. Fenton played well today in only his second appearance of the year with a 6.8 rating.

This wasn't a league match so the loss is fine but the error by lynch hurts. Also a couple guys picked up little injuries, I don't think it'll be long term for anyone but we are gonna be hurting for our next match.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote