View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #13
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Scary stuff in the race, glad all is well.

You HR is real good, I run about the same pace when I do a 5K and my HR is in the mid to high 130's. What is your average resting HR out of curiosity?

Yeah, was kinda scary, as are most things unknown. Me, I didn't have much time to get scared, but I know it scared the bejesus out of my loved ones. Both my sons cried over the whole thing. My youngest went to his soccer practice with my mother-in-law at the same time of my race and my wife told me he broke down and cried when she called home to tell them about my ordeal. My 17yo son weeped like a baby when I squeezed his hands as he got closer to my ER bed. I still get emotional thinking about it but all is well now, I'll learn from this and will move on trying not to repeat the mistakes.

As for my resting HR, if I simply lie down and calm the heck down, calm my breathing, I can stay at about 49-50 BPM at rest. EMT asked me if I knew my blood pressure and I honestly had no clue as I dadn't had it taken in years. Reason why he asked is that he felt it was very low. I didn't ask for a number then but at the ER when the nurse took my vitals one last time before I left, she took my BP and I asked her for the numbers: 102/58. From all account, that is pretty low. From whats she said, it wasn't completely unheard of from pretty fit people. I think I could fit the profile of a pretty fit person, especially at the end of a 12 week training cycle in which I ran 6 times a week...

FM