View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #16
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Plan called for 6 miles, 3 of which at 10K pace or so but I'm continuing a reverse taper so no real speedwork yet. Ended up doing 9.7 km in 52:46 for an average pace of 5:26/km. Some stretches were done a wee bit faster than yesterday's easy pace but still nothing qualifying as speedwork.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/495974352

Given the fact I leave for work, and to drop my sons at their bus stop, at 6:55, any run that lasts over 50 minutes is always a tight squeeze in the morning. I usually set my alarm for 5:03 and try to head out the door around 5:20 to come back in around 6:10-6:15 so I can upload the run and look at the numbers a tiny bit then hit the shower, eat breakfast and get ready to leave for work. This morning however, I was a bit slow getting up and it was 5:28 when I started my run, meaning I got back in past 6:20 and in the process, freaked my wife because she was expecting me back in before. Sigh... Should have seen her eyes when I walked back in after my run. I know that's because she care about me but I really was in no danger during a run like this...

Still, I agree I was running late, and because of that, wasn't able to upload anything from home. Had to do it when I got to work...

Overall the run felt pretty good. No real strain anywhere. Glutes are still a bit tight but better, same with lower back. I really must have hit my left knee in my fall in that DNF because it is sore. Not bothering me when I ran but feeling it when walking and going up/down stairs post run.

I'll be back to explain my current tiny training plan a bit later, once I've established the basis of my past training plans. For now I'll describe my days as they happen until we're caught up with the timeline...

FM