View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #167
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
So, I just went through the first page to see if I could find the information (if it's posted elsewhere, whoops), but how exactly are you playing this? I realize you are just watching the Dodgers vicariously with no input on your end.

However, what are the settings of the replay? Are you doing it where the player's career will follow the real one with re-calculation each year, or are you generating the player when he joins the league and then having the algorithms generate a "semi" random career?

Having you report this has me want to try something like this, too. Just wondering what parameters you set up.

Keep up the good work!

For the most part it's pretty stock. Guys have their ratings readjusted based on their real life stats every year, and those ratings are based on a 3 year statistical window of real life stats. However, there is still an element of randomness as well, because player development is still turned on. So you can have guys, whose ratings are good, maybe never hit the level they hit in real life, or you have other guys, who never made it, turn it into something.

So there's still an element of surprise, along with the element of expectation.

Take the Cubs 3B Victor Madden. In real life, he never got higher than A ball in '84. However, in this world, in '89, he is a breakout player, who won the Silver Slugger last year, cracked 31 HR's and already has 5 in '89.

Or take a guy like Doc Medich, who was out of baseball after the '82 year, but here, is still going at 40 years old.

Or Kirk Gibson or Dave Winfield who will never (at least looking at it right now) live up to their real life career numbers.

Yet, Barry Bonds is just destroying his real life numbers right now. Will he be able to stay healthy enough to come close to his final numbers though?

It feels like a familiar enough world, with enough differences that it's all it's own. Thanks for reading. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. It's relaxing for me to do, I just worry that as I'm hitting my 250th typed page now, that it's getting a little boring and repetitive.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-05-2018 at 11:06 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote