View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Weeks 1 and 2, 2004

Harrisburg 37, Connecticut 21

After a bye on Week 1, we traveled to UConn for Week 2 and came away with a 37-21 victory. We moved the ball well on the ground, rushing 51 times for 232 yards, and keeping the ball for nearly 35 minutes.

FB Colin Clayton rushed for 68 yards and two touchdowns and was named the game's MVP. QB Rondell Price tossed a TD pass to Thurman Damon and gained 30 yards on 8 carries, while RB Ronald Preston added 68 yards on 14 rushes. Guard Johnnie Ross contributed 8 key run blocks.

Price went 13-22 through the air, and Damon caught 4 passes for 73 yards.

The defense was led by DE Skip Lehr, who tormented the Huskies quarterback with 2.5 sacks and another two hurries. Lehr totaled 7 tackles, while OLB Teddy Curl intercepted a pass and recorded five tackles.

Kicker Tommy Houck booted three field goals.

The game's most exciting play was an 89-yard punt return by Tracy Dixon.

Recruiting News

During Week 1, I identified our primary recruiting targets and made my initial contacts. By the end of Week 2, seven players had lined up campus visits.

Most of the players I'm looking at are mid-level talents, ranked somewhere in the middle third of their state's Top 100 players and at a similar level among players at their positions nationally. One exception is Robert Seitz, a RB from Philadelphia who is the top player in the state of Pennsylvania. We're the first school Robert is visiting, but Penn State is expressing interest and could very well turn his head.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote