View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #15
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

More Week 8 News

In my excitement over my epic week of recruiting, I forgot to mention that my players received academic progress reports. J.C. Taylor, the junior walk-on who is now starting at guard, has a horrendous report; he's failing Algebra, and has no grade better than a D+. He's getting some extra attention from our staff now.

On the other end of the scale is Leslie Moore, the best student among our regular players. The senior linebacker, a Social Work major, has no grade lower than a B+, while taking challenging courses such as Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, and Statistics. I'm not sure why an aspiring social worker needs to take engineering courses, but that is part of TCY's charm.

WR Lester Dodge, a Physics major with all B's or better, and DT Corwin Fulcher, a Marketing student with one B and four As and A-s, are also doing fine work in the classroom.

All of our players seem to be taking legitimate college courses, which is what I'd expect at a school that's in the top tier of Division I programs academically. Meanwhile, at Erie--the Keystone Eight school with the worst academic reputation--one player is enrolled in Modeling, Smile Therapy, and Telemarketing. He's in Modeling class with the team's starting center, who also takes Tabloid Journalism and Decibel Production.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote