View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #65
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Exactly. If someone keeps the seat in the normal position, I'm fine with sitting in a weird diagonal position to make sure I'm not pushing my knees into his/her back as I shift a few times during the flight so my entire leg doesn't fall asleep. Once that seat goes back, though, all bets are off.

That's exactly how I feel. It's a tight fit, but I do my best because I hate it when people kick me in the back. But if they lean back, it's so tight that I have to be a little careless just to keep the circulation going. I'm only 6-1, but I have long legs.

True story. When I was about 15, back when there was a realistic amount of seat pitch, there were a pair of nuns in the seats behind my family on a flight. One of them decided to sit cross-legged and wedge her foot between my seat and my backrest. I ended up getting quite the shock of my young life as she kept pressing forward.

So I turned, peered over the back and said, "hey, stop that." She seemed surprised and a little off-put and said, "what's wrong?" For whatever reason, I came up with, "if you knew what you just did to me, you'd have to renounce your vows." I was pissed off, so I just turned back around and tried to get comfortable without waiting for a response. Fortunately, her foot didn't return.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote