View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #90
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I recently flew back from California, a direct flight from LAX to IAD. I was in business first (originally ticketed as such), but they didn't sell all the seats so did some gate upgrades for people. The guy who ended up in the seat in front of me was a guy who either didn't shower regularly or if he did/does, didn't use soap. He also had apparently never heard of deodorant (or if he did, he was using that natural crap that doesn't actually work). He adjusted his air vent so it was blowing directly onto his face/head...meaning I routinely was getting face-fulls of his BO. Very shortly after takeoff, I saw him start to talk to the person sitting next to him even though she was putting in her headphones. You could tell she didn't want to talk, and based on the snippets I heard, he was engaging her on topics such as Hillary Clinton and complaints that our flight's delay means that he wouldn't be able to get a smoke in before his connecting flight (to somewhere in the Middle East). Then he leaned back and, in addition to not being able to use my tray (it wouldn't come out of the armrest with him leaning back), I got more face-fulls of his BO. I actually pushed him back to an upright position a few times.

Man that was miserable.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote