View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #894
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
So Netflix released their next original series, "Orange is the New Black." It was created by the same woman that thought up Weeds. I've watched the first 5 episodes and actually am enjoying it. It's a bit twisted (much like Weeds was), but it's still entertaining. It's about a woman sent to prison for a crime she committed 10 years prior and the other inmates...each episode seems to tell the back story of one of the inmates through the events that unfold in each episode.

/tk

I really like how they handle this and it's been an engaging series so far, and I'm not a guy who likes the WIP setting normally.

Is it House of Cards? No. HoC is still much better. But it's very solid, and I find it interesting despite the fact the protagonist comes across as quite bland.

In fact, I think in this case that blandness works to a degree, because it makes the characters around her that much more interesting, and allows the viewer to think about how they would react if they were in the protagonist's situation, in a way that a stronger character/actress wouldn't enable them to.

Edit: In the NF Original Series list that I've watched, it'd go:

1. House of Cards
2. Orange is the New Black
Lastandleastforever. Hemlock Grove.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 07-13-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote