View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1595 –

Whydah – 5 dev, Jungle, Dyes, Sunni, Andalusian, 0.40 made here, east of Gold Coast and next to Benin and Kong. It’s in the same state as my other holdings here. I order a Textile Manufactory here for the precious Dyes.

I know that this region of Africa is hard to colonize with it’s low development, Jungle and tropical making it hard, and large and angry teams of natives.

But the possibilities here of trade goods are nice.

Right now I am putting together a team to send my Luanda army to Bonny on the coast on the other side of Benin.

Here’s Bonny, just as good example, to drill down and unpack it:

4 dev
Tropical, Jungle
5000 angry natives

But…

28% Slaves
18% Tropical Wood
16% Ivory
14% Fish
12% Dyes
8% Naval Supplies

That means I have a 1 in four chance of hitting a home run with Dyes or ivory, at 4.0 value, and an almost 30% chance of the solid Slaves. Now there’s a shot that you are getting Wood/Supplies or Fish, and we have in Karoo, and these numbers shift a little for each place to reflect reality, but you don’t need high development to make this work.

Here is the current cash value, before my development of Whydah finishes, of the holdings from Beafada to Whydah, in order down the coast.

And that’s not bad. That means I am making around 8 gold monthly from the Guinea coast, and around 96 can annually, which is big.

21 Apr – My troops arrive in Bonny for my next colonist that comes free.

1 May –

Benguela – A natural harbor which I upgrade to a Entrepot for 200 gold, drylands, Slaves, 10 dev, sunni, Andalusian, in the same Angola state I already made, I order a Workshop here, and we are making 0.91 cash monthly.

22 Aug – Native Assimilation in Massachusetts

6 Jan, 1596 – I send my colonists from Cayenne to Bonny.

11 jan, - I slay the natives in Bonny.

8 Mar – We are the first to circumnavigate the globe and we get a ton of prestige and naval tradition

1 April – We convert Missisquoi, I order a Trade Station for it

1 Sept – Massachusetts with Tobacco!

1 Oct – No surprise, Luanda is going to be good for trading Slaves

I send my West Timor colonists to Ambon

14 Nov – We can enact a new government reform!

This is our highest level of reform possible

Here are my options:

Become a Republic. I did this with Athens in my last dynasty when I hit this final level of government reform This let’s you start over with more development and you can choose multiple new options up front

Become a Theocracy. Like the Republic, this would set us back a bit, but we could refresh ourselves as a true servant of Allah.

Create true Legislative Houses – The number of Admin polices we can have for free is increased by one

Absolute Control – This gives us a bunch of bonus absolutism, which is useful in the next Age.

The Age of Absolutism will start around 10 years after Global Trade is created so usually around 1610 or so, in around 15 years from now

Absolutism is a new mechanic that is created then, and like piety, legitimacy, power projection or prestige, it gives you bonuses as you have more of it.

They aren’t that big of a deal though.

I choose the legislative reform, and this will finish my governmental reform.

Our final government, we have:

Iqta Power Structure

Noble Privileges Curtailed

Centralized bureaucracy

Administrative clergy (Ulema used in admin roles)

A deliberative assembly from our general estates

The l’est est moi philosophy

2 Proper Legislative houses

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote