View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #446
QuikSand
lolzcat

Another side note: this fuckin' guy right here

Case study in how I play this game, all wrapped into that dude's player page.

I have no draft picks past 1.1, so I fill up my roster via free agency, per usual. For me, looking at after-draft rookies has a HUGE advantage, that I can (with a little work) see their personality traits. This guy was a decenty-rated C, but who has the FANTASTIC combo of 17Ldr/96Pers in a sign that fits with my scheme. Exactly the sort of guy we try to sign after a draft to kick the tires. Turns out, he not only looks pretty good initially, but he gets a solid bump in preseason...a great sign that he's rosterable long term. So, we get him some "starts" to make chemistry click, and now he's a guy who is perfectly happy being my OL6, contributes toward monster chemistry, and in a pinch could be playable at C/G, I think. That pinch doesn't come via injury in this league, but it could come via a cap crunch. Anyway, unless he gets too big for his britches and wants to be a key starter at some point, this guy likely sits on my roster as OL5/6/7 forever, happily contributing to our chemistry, and milking a football minimum salary that makes the real life version of me green with envy. LOVE HIM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote