Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #168
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
How is this legal? Or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Did a bit of research on this... seems like the equipment itself is completely legal, it coming preloaded with illegal streams is questionable but probably legal in the US, watching the illegal streams is... illegal. Seems like there are two apps Blue TV and Blue VOD which get you all the free streams, and the lack of information out there about what they actually are is impressive (and telling).

Each to their own, best case scenario is you get way more than $280 out of it before it gets killed, worst case scenario is you end up on the wrong side of the law. I'll just stick with my legal streaming options and sleep better at night due to it I think.

And yeah, looks like they are out of stock and they don't take CC payments on the website (Western Union is kosher though), even though they are selling on Amazon. Do not want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
There is .00001% chance you would get arrested for this. How does it work with local channels and dvr. That’s what I would need to research.

Yeah, I did a lot of research on this before buying. It is basically a jailbroke firestick on steroids, but found zero concerns about getting in trouble for using it. The quality of the streams tells me this is much more detailed and tech advanced than a bunch of illegal stream sharing sites, though I am sure there is some of that in relation to newer movies and pay per views.

I wonder if they pay for content and then redistribute through their blue live and VOD apps? My only concern is they are somehow shut down, but at this point it has paid for itself 4 times over and it seems like they are in it for the long haul with support, warranties and a long term plan. Of course that is all good on paper, but I am happy at this point and consider it a legitimate purchase.

As far as local channels it has the four major networks in all big markets (Chicago, LA, Phoenix, etc) and many smaller ones. If you are looking for a particular market let me know and I will check.

There is no DVR capability for live TV/events, but in the VOD app you can set favorites so those are always in queue and they have a ton of shows available through VOD, so that is a defacto VCR for TV shows, just not sports.

The other downside is that you can only use it on 1 TV, though you can quickly relocate the box between multiple TVs as desired very easily. We also have Youtube TV for VCR and to fill in any gaps, but there are really not many gaps the box does not cover.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote